May 30, 2013

WORDS TO LIVE BY


"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."
Carol Burnett (1933 - )


Carol Burnett is living proof that you can change your life. Born of alcoholic parents and raised by her grandmother, she stumbled into acting in college while studying to be a writer. With her mother's harsh words still lingering in her ears, "You can always write, no matter what you look like", she took the stage, having to as part of her curriculum - and the audience loved her comedic display.

Said Burnett, "All of a sudden, after so much coldness and emptiness in my life, I knew the sensation of all that warmth wrapping around me. I had always been a quiet, shy, sad sort of girl and then everything changed for me. You spend the rest of your life hoping you'll hear a laugh that great again."

There is no need to be the mold of someone else's ideal. Pay attention to (supposed) coincidence and chance, and move when inspired. 

Make your life be what you want it to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment